2015年3月20日金曜日

Day 12

Hello dear readers,

I made a workshop of to make bGeigie Nano, which is a geiger counter of radiation level, today. I brought a kit of bGeigie and a soldering iron from Japan, but I didn't remember solder to bring from Japan. So I told Ray Bland, who is a biology and biomedical Engineering professor of Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, and got much solder from him. I appreciate him kindness.
This picture is a bGeigie Nano
This workshop joined two this university's students and one Japanese student. I supposed that we need 4 hours to make it, but we mistook a position of soldering. So we need more time to complete to make it. Today we could make it in a half-finished state. We'll try to finish to make it next time!
I taught how to make a bGeigie Nano
He was very well soldering!

Kobe, which is my beautiful hometown, had a too big disaster of an earthquake on Jan/17/1995, and I'm studying at university of Aizu, which is Fukushima prefecture. Fukushima had a too big disaster and unfortunate accident of nuclear power plants, so I'd like to act any thing. I had met the safecast project in this situation. I had made bGeige Nano in Kobe IT Festival's workshop. It was a very exciting experiment. I had measured to use bGeige Nano near Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant, and or Minami-Souma city on last year.
It's me. We can see Fukushima I Nuclear on the behind.
I had appeared on a documentary of NHK World. It was introduced what's safecast projects, why do we join this project, and about citizen science. It was very good documentary, I'd like to get to know this project so many people and watch it at least once if you can a chance to watch the documentary.
This is one scene of the documentary of NHK World.
This one is the workshop at Kobe IT Festival.
I'll donate two bGeigies. One is for this university friends who helped me to held this workshop. Its bGeigie is making now. Other one is for this university. It was made by me in Kobe workshop. I hope to connect it will make next another drama.


URL:
Safecast: http://blog.safecast.org/



2 件のコメント:

  1. Hi, Yuta. This is very impressive. I hope your bGeigie will connect RHIT and Aizu, the US and Fukushima even stronger!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Yes, I hope so, but our university's professors don't have interested in this project.(or not notice?) I thought that Rose-Hulman's professors more cooperative than our university, which is in Fukushima prefecture... I couldn't understand. Why?;(

      削除